July 2, 2017
Striving to be “an inviting, Christ centred community in which people are
being transformed to live like Jesus”
Sunday Worship Service
Service Leader: Tina Fehr Kehler
Worship Leader: Val Goossen
Instrumentalists: Karen Kuhl, Kathy Thiessen, Aletha Fawcett
Scripture: 1 Samuel 15:34 – 16:13
Pastor Corey Hildebrand
Mon (3) Office Closed
July 9 10:00am Coffee / Gathering Time
10:15am Worship Service – Teen Challenge
July 23 11:30am Picnic Potluck
Anyone interested in making a donation to the Pauingassi missions trip (Aug. 10 – 17) can make cheques payable to Athletes in Action. Please give the cheques to one of the team members or mail it to: Albert Martens 408 2nd street, Steinbach Mb. R5G 0V5. Also, anyone wishing to help out with food, donations or craft supplies, or sports equipment can contact the team members.
Staff Holidays – Pastor John will be on holidays until July 10th. He will return to the office on July 11th. Please contact the office, Pastor Corey or one of the deacons for assistance.
GPS leaders and helpers needed: Each Sunday, GPS is led by a group of leaders and helpers who have prepared a lesson for Emmanuel’s children ages 3 to grade 8. The Formation Committee is looking for more volunteers who love the children of our church and want to be an important part of helping them grow in their faith. If you are interested in volunteering to be a GPS leader or helper, please contact Winnie Fehr or Jenn Siemens
Service Opportunity: We are again looking to add more childcare workers to the roster for this coming September. If you enjoy spending time with toddlers, and would be willing to give about half an hour of your time, 5 or 6 times a year, this service opportunity is for you! Please contact June Kehler if you’d be willing to help out in this way.
Are you planning on attending CMU this fall? CMU offers a church matching grant which matches any funds received from the church up to $500/year. Applications can be submitted starting June 1. Contact the church office for more information. Emmanuel also offers bursaries to students attending other approved Bible schools. Forms can be downloaded from our website.
- Save the date: The MC Canada Annual General Meeting will be held on the evening of July 12 and will be live streamed for those who wish to take part. A live stream link will be provided in a future announcement.
- Assembly Registration is open! You are invited to register for the October 13-15 special 2017 Assembly in Winnipeg: http://www.cvent.com/d/c5q8ft
An MDS Update is posted on the north bulletin board in the foyer.
- MCC Manitoba Student Awards – Apply by September 30 if you’re interested in work that aligns with MCC’s areas of focus (like peace, restorative justice, human rights, servant leadership and sustainable development). For more information and to apply, visit http://mccmb.ca/studentawards.
- MCC Manitoba Golf Tournament – July 12, 2017, 10 River Road, Starbuck Join us at Bridges Golf Course for our 15th annual golf tournament in support of MCC’s local work with vulnerable youth. For more information and to register, visit http://mccmb.ca/golf or call 204-261-6381. Register by June 12 to meet our early bird deadline.
- Camps with Meaning still has a number of volunteer needs for this summer. If you can help in the kitchen, on maintenance, or as a health officer for a week please email email@example.com or call (204) 895-2267.
All are welcome to attend Cadenza Summer Music Week’s FREE, family friendly, and fun lunchtime concert series! Hear strings and piano performances by the Cadenza faculty (local and visiting musicians) in a variety of styles. Concerts are daily, July 3 – 7, 12:30 – 1:00 pm at the PW Enns Centennial Concert Hall in Winkler.
15th Annual Head for the Hills bike event on Saturday, September 9th, 2017. Ride your bike 36kms of the Pembina escarpment in support of mental health recovery and celebrating Eden Health Care Services 50th Anniversary. The $25 registration fee includes full ride support , t-shirt, Barbeque lunch, prizes and an opportunity to win 1 of 3 bikes. Register on-line at www.edenhealthcare.ca or at the office, 309 Main Street, Winkler. A cyclist manual is also available on-line.
Volunteer Class 3 Drivers Wanted – Volunteer Handi-Van Drivers needed for days, evenings and weekends. Must have a valid Class 3 Drivers License and be willing to undergo Criminal Record Checks. Drivers workshop for Volunteer Handi-Van Drivers will be held on June 29, 2017. To apply please submit resumes and references to the Winkler Senior Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.