July 7, 2017
Striving to be “an inviting, Christ centred community in which people are
being transformed to live like Jesus”
Sunday Worship Service
Service Leader: Barb Neufeld
Worship Leader: Ensemble
Message: “Adult & Teen Challenge”
July 16 10:00am Coffee / Gathering Time
10:15am Worship Service
July 23 11:30am Picnic Potluck
Anyone interested in making a donation to the Pauingassi missions trip (Aug. 10 – 17) can make cheques payable to Athletes in Action. Please give the cheques to one of the team members or mail it to: Albert Martens 408 2nd street, Steinbach Mb. R5G 0V5. Also, anyone wishing to help out with food, donations or craft supplies, or sports equipment can contact the team members.
Staff Holidays – Pastor Corey will be on holidays until July 17th. Please contact the office, Pastor John or one of the deacons for assistance. Pastor John will be on holidays from July 18 – 26th.
GPS leaders and helpers needed: Each Sunday, GPS is led by a group of leaders and helpers who have prepared a lesson for Emmanuel’s children ages 3 to grade 8. The Formation Committee is looking for more volunteers who love the children of our church and want to be an important part of helping them grow in their faith. If you are interested in volunteering to be a GPS leader or helper, please contact Winnie Fehr or Jenn Siemens
Service Opportunity: We are again looking to add more childcare workers to the roster for this coming September. If you enjoy spending time with toddlers, and would be willing to give about half an hour of your time, 5 or 6 times a year, this service opportunity is for you! Please contact June Kehler if you’d be willing to help out in this way.
Are you planning on attending CMU this fall? CMU offers a church matching grant which matches any funds received from the church up to $500/year. Applications can be submitted starting June 1. Contact the church office for more information. Emmanuel also offers bursaries to students attending other approved Bible schools. Forms can be downloaded from our website.
- Mennonite Church Canada’s 2017 Annual General Meeting will be streamed online on July 12 from 6 – 7 pm CDT. Instructions on how to join are at http://home.mennonitechurch.ca/2017AGM/ . Join the meeting early to allow a few minutes to auto-install the required meeting software to your browser.
- MC Canada Special Assembly Alert: Over the course of the summer, churches can expect to receive documents pertinent to the Special Assembly in Wpg. Oct. 13-15. Please be on the alert for a Future Directions Final Report, new bylaws for MC Canada, and a proposed budget for the re-organized structures.
- Assembly Registration is open! You are invited to register for the October 13-15 special 2017 Assembly in Winnipeg: http://www.cvent.com/d/c5q8ft
- MCC Manitoba Student Awards – Apply by September 30 if you’re interested in work that aligns with MCC’s areas of focus (like peace, restorative justice, human rights, servant leadership and sustainable development). For more information and to apply, visit http://mccmb.ca/studentawards.
- Camps with Meaning still has a number of volunteer needs for this summer. If you can help in the kitchen, on maintenance, or as a health officer for a week please email email@example.com or call (204) 895-2267.
“Building for Tomorrow” Fundraising Dinner Last Friday, Salem Foundation Chair, Arlen Hildebrand and Salem Home Ladies Auxiliary President, Hilda Friesen announced that the Foundation and Ladies Auxiliary will host the “Building for Tomorrow” Fundraising Dinner on Thursday, November 2 at the Winkler Bergthaler Mennonite Church (252 – 6th Street, Winkler). Doors will open at 6 pm; with Dinner at 6:30 pm. Cost is $100 per person (with a $50 tax receipt); or a table for eight can be purchased for $800 (with a $400 tax receipt). Proceeds will be used for a new Cottonwood East Dining Room. (Tickets go on sale on Monday, July 10th!) The event will feature guest speaker, Marie Monville, author of “One Light Still Shines: My Life Beyond the Shadow of the Amish Schoolhouse Shooting.” “When all other lights go out, He still shines!” This became the anthem to Marie’s life when on October 2, 2006, her then husband made a decision to hold an Amish school house hostage, forever changing life as she knew it. This is Marie’s testimony, forged while moving through unthinkable circumstances, into the unfathomable love of the Father. On her darkest day, Marie simply chose to believe that HE IS. This act of faith radically propelled her into a future she could not have hoped for or imagined. In the years since, God continues to unfold his beautiful plan of redemption and restoration over her family.
CASPIAN ENSEMBLE IN CONCERT 7:30 pm, July 14 – Laudamus Hall, CMU, 500 Shaftesbury Blvd, Winnipeg $25 adults / $12 students Featuring concerti and solo repertoire from the nationally and provincially awarded Friesen family of Saskatoon
FRIESEN FAMILY BAND IN CONCERT 7 pm, July 15 – Blumenort Mennonite Church, Rosetown, Hwy 306 and Rd 3 Admission by donation Come be inspired by FFB’s trademark faith-folk music
15th Annual Head for the Hills bike event on Saturday, September 9th, 2017. Ride your bike 36kms of the Pembina escarpment in support of mental health recovery and celebrating Eden Health Care Services 50th Anniversary. The $25 registration fee includes full ride support , t-shirt, Barbeque lunch, prizes and an opportunity to win 1 of 3 bikes. Register on-line at www.edenhealthcare.ca or at the office, 309 Main Street, Winkler. A cyclist manual is also available on-line.
Volunteer Class 3 Drivers Wanted – Volunteer Handi-Van Drivers needed for days, evenings and weekends. Must have a valid Class 3 Drivers License and be willing to undergo Criminal Record Checks. Drivers workshop for Volunteer Handi-Van Drivers will be held on June 29, 2017. To apply please submit resumes and references to the Winkler Senior Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.