August 6, 2017
Striving to be “an inviting, Christ centred community in which people are
being transformed to live like Jesus”
Sunday Worship Service
Service Leader: Sharon Klassen
Worship Team: Theresa Klassen / Laurie Dyck
Scripture: Psalm 84:1-4, 10-12; Psalm 63:1-8
Message: “Looking – Seeing – Beholding” (based on Psalm 27:4)
Pastor John Klassen
Tues (8) 6:00pm Young Families BBQ at Corey & Stephanie Hildebrand’s
Sun (13) 10:00am Harvest Festival Community Worship Service
(NO SERVICE AT EMMANUEL)
August 27 11:30am Potluck
Each summer, the students in our Church have taken on the challenge of doing the parking for the Harvest Festival as a fundraiser. This year, in addition to students and parents helping out, we’re looking for some extra help making this weekend happen. If you have 3-4 hours to spare over the course of the weekend of August 11th – 13th, please talk to Pastor Corey or Kaitlyn Loewen and we’ll get you signed up!
Please pray for the team of people (Linda Blatz, Katrina Woelk, Stephanie Fehr, Tanya Fehr, Walter and Winnie Fehr, Abby Janzen and Albert Martens) who are planning for the children’s camp and community outreach in Pauingassi First Nation on August 10 -17. The team is looking forward to reconnecting with the people of Pauingassi. It will be a week filled with many hours of activities, preparing community meals and building relationships with the children and adults. Pray that the team will be blessed with energy, strength, health, safety and many opportunities to share God’s love. Thank you to people who have made donations to help cover the expenses of this mission trip to Pauingassi and to the people who have volunteered to make cookies for the Pauingassi events.
Service Opportunity: We are again looking to add more childcare workers to the roster for this coming September. If you enjoy spending time with toddlers, and would be willing to give about half an hour of your time, 5 or 6 times a year, this service opportunity is for you! Please contact the office to sign up!
Bursaries – If you are attending a Christian high school or post secondary school this year, the church offers bursaries of up to $500. Applications are available on our website or by contacting the office. Application deadline is August 31.
- Assembly Registration is open! You are invited to register for the October 13-15 special 2017 Assembly in Winnipeg: http://www.cvent.com/d/c5q8ft
- In response to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s call to adopt and comply with the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, Mennonite Church Canada has recently created a beautiful book of poetry and prayer reflecting on each article of the Declaration. Borrow or purchase from CommonWord – www.commonword.ca/go/1211
- Volunteers needed! Mennonite Church Canada is seeking volunteers for the 2017 Special Delegate Gathering held in Winnipeg from October 13-15. Interested potential volunteers please email email@example.com. For more information on this gathering, visit http://home.mennonitechurch.ca/winnipeg2017.
- Camps with Meaning is in significant need of two volunteer health officers the week of August 20-25 at Camp Assiniboia and Camp Moose Lake. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (204) 895-2267 if you are able to help.
- Kanadiertreffen – Join us on August 20 in Winkler’s Bethel Park for a gathering of Low German speaking Mennonites emigrating from Latin America. For more information visit http://mccmb.ca/kanadiertreffen and save the date!
- Grow Hope Harvest Celebration – Grow Hope sponsors are invited to join us for a special harvest celebration at Artel Farms on Sunday, August 27, 4-6 pm. Come for supper, see the field where your acre is growing and hear from Vurayayi Pugeni, MCC humanitarian relief coordinator, about how Grow Hope will make a difference. For more information and to RSVP, visit http://mccmb.ca/grow-hope-harvest-celebration or call 204-261-6381 to speak with Nikki.
- CMU’s Centre for Faith and Life invigorates faith-filled living, theological reflection and ministry capacity for the church. This Centre does so by connecting individuals, congregations and diverse church constituencies to CMU’s unique, church engagement and resourcing initiatives. Congregations across Canada are invited to consider one of 34 different Portable CMU opportunities available this year, each one led by a CMU faculty member. To find out more go to www.cmu.ca/cfl .
Holy Spirit Encounter (Sept 15-17) Holy Spirit Encounter is a weekend being hosted at the Winkler MB Church that is designed to give focused time in going deeper with God and to access the power that He has promised. Visit c2cnetwork.ca/event/hse or call 604-746-2238 to register ($50 reg. cost)
15th Annual Head for the Hills bike event on Saturday, September 9th, 2017. Ride your bike 36kms of the Pembina escarpment in support of mental health recovery and celebrating Eden Health Care Services 50th Anniversary. The $25 registration fee includes full ride support , t-shirt, Barbeque lunch, prizes and an opportunity to win 1 of 3 bikes. Register on-line at www.edenhealthcare.ca or at the office, 309 Main Street, Winkler. A cyclist manual is also available on-line.
The Winkler & District Handivan is READY! Our service begins August 14th. We will begin booking rides from August 15th. For all mobility disadvantaged persons defined as follows: Any individual who because of injury, age, or other permanent or temporary disability is unable to utilize other conventional available transportation. For service please call (204)362-9252. 24 Hour advance notice required. Leave name, phone number and request on voice mail and your booking will be confirmed by the end of the next business day. Email: email@example.com. Rates will be confirmed with booking.
Salem Foundation Fundraising Dinner – Tickets are going quickly for the November 2nd “Building for Tomorrow” Dinner featuring Marie Monville! Please don’t be disappointed or miss out … anyone who would like tickets should purchase them now! Since tickets went on sale on July 10th, of the 360 tickets available … 313 have been sold. When the remaining 47 tickets are gone … that’s it! Contact Lin at the Salem Home Business Office … tickets are available for purchase Monday– Friday from 9 am till 4 pm (ph: 204-325-4316) until the event is Sold Out. Thank You for your prayers and support for the Residents of Salem Home!!