September 3, 2017
Striving to be “an inviting, Christ centred community in which people are
being transformed to live like Jesus”
Sunday Worship Service
Service Leader: Barb Neufeld
Worship Team: Come Away
Scripture: Psalm 46: 1-11
Message: “Sabbath: A Holy Invitation and Exclusive Privilege”
Pastor John Klassen
Tues (5) 4:00pm Ministerial meeting
6:30pm Missions Committee meeting
7:00pm Facilities Committee meeting
September 10 9:00am One Way – “Pauingassi Report – Walter & Winnie Fehr
10:00am Coffee & Gathering
10:15am Fall Church Kick Off
7:00pm Youth Kick Off
The Fall Education Kickoff Lunch will take place immediately following the service on September 10 and consist of pulled pork on a bun, chips and drinks. Please bring either a salad or dessert. Contact Stephanie Fehr if you are willing to help with clean up after the meal.
Athletes In Action is hosting a Church Night at the Bombers game on Saturday, October 14 @ 3:00. Adult tickets are $25 (ages 16 and up) and kids tickets are $19 (ages 15 and under). The seats are in the south end zone and there will be a meet and greet with the players following the game. Sign up deadline is September 10. Contact Stephanie Fehr if you are interested in signing up.
The Worship Committee is looking for a few more people who would be interested in being VPU operators. It would be approximately a 6 week rotation (dependent on how many sign up). There would be a training session as well as ongoing support on Sunday mornings. If you are interested or want more information contact the office or Brendan Froese.
Family Ministry Update: This fall, Emmanuel will begin using a strategy for Family Ministry called Orange. Orange is simple. It starts with two individual influences in a child’s life: Home and Church. Alone, these two work hard to ensure that each child has a better future. But when they’re combined, the home and the church will have a much greater impact! That is Orange and it kicks off on Sunday September 10th!
- First Look is designed lovingly and expertly for preschoolers. First Look is passionate about making sure that preschoolers know THREE truths before Kindergarten: GOD MADE ME, GOD LOVES ME, JESUS WANTS TO BE MY FRIEND FOREVER. Like us on Facebook at Emmanuel Firstlook or follow us on instagram @emmanuelfirstlook
- 252 Kids is designed to provoke discovery and invite kids into a new understanding of how to grow in relationship with Jesus. Everything we teach in 252 Kids is based on one of three basic, but powerful, truths modeled by Jesus in Luke 2:52. I NEED TO MAKE THE WISE CHOICE, I CAN TRUST GOD NO MATTER WHAT, I SHOULD TREAT OTHERS THE WAY I WANT TO BE TREATED. Like us on Facebook at Emmanuel 252basics or follow us on Instagram @emmanuel252basics
- Emmanuel Students is a place for both Jr and Sr High students to experience Wonder, Discovery and Passion! Focused around the 3 core values of Integration (believing that students are a huge part of everything that the Church does). Small Groups (growing smaller = tighter relationships) and Passion (Faith has to be lived out with passion, drive and focus) we live to inspire and equip a generation of passionate students to change the world and revive the Church. We meet Sunday evenings at 7 beginning September 10th. Follow us on Instagram @emmanuelchurchstudents or on twitter @emmanuel_xp3
ATTENTION STUDENTS: Make 2017/18 the best year of your high school career. MCI offers exceptional opportunities in athletics and the arts. Low staff-student ratios will help you excel academically. Daily chapels and faith infused community will help you grow spiritually. Live in Res or commute. Available bursaries will make MCI affordable for you. Want to hear more? Visit www.mciblues.net or call 204-327-5891.
- Help displaced people in DR Congo – Armed conflict in the Kasai region of the Democratic Republic of the Congo has displaced 1.4 million people, including 8,000 Mennonites. Families left fields and animals when they fled the violence and are facing a severe lack of food and increasing malnutrition. MCC is responding with Congolese Mennonite and Mennonite Brethren relief committees. Please keep those who have been forced from their homes, and those hosting them, in your prayers.
- No Way to Treat a Child – You’re invited to the Manitoba launch of “No Way to Treat a Child,” a new campaign calling for an end of the abuse and detention of Palestinian children. Hear their stories and add your voice: September 7, 7:00 pm – Sturgeon Creek United Church, 207 Thompson Dr in Winnipeg.
- We Are All Treaty People Celebration September 17, 2017, 1 pm, The Forks, Winnipeg, MB Come out to the Forks, near the Provencher Bridge, for food, music, games and more to build and celebrate relationships, raising awareness for Treaty 1.
- Brandon MCC Relief Sale – Join us on Saturday, September 23 for the 33rd annual Brandon MCC Relief Sale at the Keystone Centre. For more information visit mccmb.ca/brandon-relief-sale and save the date!
- Camp Moose Lake: Come celebrate the ministry, come say good-bye. September 24, 2017 at Camp Moose Lake. Worship and reminiscing start at 2:30pm, BBQ supper, stay as late as you need. No RSVP necessary. More info at www.mennochurch.mb.ca.
- Camp Assiniboia Square Dance and Pie Spectacular Fundraiser. September 30, 6:30-9:00pm in the barn at Camp Assiniboia. No dancing skills required. Bring your family and extra toonies for the pie walk… We will need pies. campswithmeaning.org, News for more info.
- Celebrate Stories of CMU Distinguished Alumni – Join us for an evening of alumni stories, choral music and a blessing for the academic year, followed by a reception. Hear from Ken Esau (MBBC ‘83), John Longhurst (MBBC ‘79), Joanne Thiessen Martens (CMBC ‘96), and Henry Neufeld (CMBC ’52). Friday, September 22, 7:00 pm, Laudamus Auditorium. Follow the links under “Calendar: Fall at a Glance” at cmu.ca for more information.
15th Annual Head for the Hills bike event on Saturday, September 9th, 2017. Ride your bike 36kms of the Pembina escarpment in support of mental health recovery and celebrating Eden Health Care Services 50th Anniversary. The $25 registration fee includes full ride support , t-shirt, Barbeque lunch, prizes and an opportunity to win 1 of 3 bikes. Register on-line at www.edenhealthcare.ca or at the office, 309 Main Street, Winkler. A cyclist manual is also available on-line.
Come enjoy THE COLOR live in concert on September 14 in Winkler at the Gospel Mission Church for a night of fun, entertainment and worship. Tickets are $10 at the door or $7 for groups of 5 or more. All ages are welcome! Visit www.thecoloronline.com to find out about the band and get tickets.
Holy Spirit Encounter (Sept 15-17) Holy Spirit Encounter is a weekend being hosted at the Winkler MB Church that is designed to give focused time in going deeper with God and to access the power that He has promised. Visit c2cnetwork.ca/event/hse or call 604-746-2238 to register ($50 reg. cost)
Come to Winkler Bible Camp on September 19th, 4:30pm – 7:30pm for our annual fall supper. Meal includes turkey, stuffing, potatoes and more. Free-will offering will be taken. For more information visit our website www.winklerbiblecamp.com.
On September 23rd come on down to Winkler Bible Camp’s Fall Festival! A new fundraising event for families and friends to come and have a day filled with activities such as the giant swing, inflatables, carnival games, petting zoo, and more! There will be a free week of camp given away during the day, so don’t miss out! Visit winklerbiblecamp.com for prices, times and more details.
Climb with us! Arrive at 6pm for a pre-dinner tour and join us for the Providence Harvest Festival at 7pm on Friday, September 29th to see the exciting developments at Providence! We are excited to welcome Lorna Dueck, founder and host of Context with Lorna Dueck. Visit Prov.ca/Harvest to register for complimentary tickets.
Eden Health Care Services invites you to the 2017 Dr. Clarence H. Labun Lecture Series titled “Sustaining and Nuturing Safe Communities” on Tuesday, October 3, 2017. Presenters include: Devon Clunis, retired Winnipeg Police Chief, Dr. Marc Teillet, Psychiatrist at Eden, Jordan Friesen from the Canadian Mental Health Association and Paul Isaacs, retired Winnipeg Police chaplain. See edenhealthcare.ca for more information.
Katie Cares 6th annual Celebration of Life fashion show will take place on October 12 at the Winkler Berthaler Church 252 6th St Winkler, doors open at 6pm, show starts at 7 pm. The evening will be filled with fun, laughter, entertainment, coffee, tea desserts, and fashions from our local stores. Tickets go on sale September 7 @ 8 am. Tickets are $60.00 with a $50.00 tax receipt issued, table of 9 $540.00 with a $90.00 tax receipt. To order tickets please call 204-362-1173, 204-312-8445, or 204-325-5050. SEE IT…BELIEVE IT…ACHIEVE IT…
Central Station is looking for child minders for various programs. Some are needed on a weekly basis, some for a short program others off and on. If you have a love for children and would like to help us in this area please contact Julie Nikel at 204-325-0257 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org